If you want your offer accepted, make sure you have the weight of the Buckholdt Team behind it. With more than 20 years in the industry Ryan is the go-to local lender that makes things happen. Everyone from Listing Agents to Escrow Officers to Appraisers knows that if a deal is with Ryan Buckholdt and his Team then the deal is going to go through. Increase your chances of securing your dream Santa Cruz home with a preapproval letter from Team Buckholdt.
The best way to start your home buying journey is to get in contact with a Home Lender to get preapproved. This will let you know know how much house you can comfortably afford. Talking with a Lender will help you understand what your price range is and what your monthly mortgage payment would look like.
There is nothing worse than falling in love with a home only to find out it’s just beyond your price range. A 15 minute phone call can give you much more peace of mind as you start one of the biggest financial decisions of your life.
Please keep these simple suggestions nearby during your loan process, ALL the way through funding.
- Do make a copy of any deposits into your accounts, including any and all bank receipts.
- Do keep copies of all financial documents, paycheck stubs, bank statements, and any other documents from here until close of Escrow.
- Do keep all numbered pages of asset statements (even advertisements or blank pages).
- Do make sure you have your banking accounts set up for online access, if possible.
- Do take a deep breath, get a massage & remember this will all be over shortly!
- Don't move any money between bank accounts without consulting your lender first.
- Don't finance any new cars. Don't make any large purchases on your credit cards or equity lines.
- Don't co-sign for anyone.
- Don't apply for any new credit cards.
- Don't apply for any new lines of credit.
- Don't let anyone pull your credit.
- Don't deposit any cash- "Cash is not King" in lending.
--- If you receive cash, do not deposit it into your account without consulting your lender first.
- Don't go on vacation (or let your lender know immediately if you plan to).
--- If you do go on vacation during your transaction, you will either need to extend your escrow process or you may need to work on your loan while you are away.
- Don't consolidate accounts.
--- If you are using funds from multiple accounts, leave them in their existing accounts. (You will be able to use multiple wires or cashier’s checks for your cash to close).
- Start a new job
- Quit a job
- Change positions in a job
- Go on leave (maternity leave, disability leave, family leave, etc.)
- Make any changes that have any kind of financial impact.
Don't do anything financially that could hinder a transaction or have a financial impact. We understand that life happens. If there is anything you think is necessary to do on this list during the loan process, notify your lender so you can discuss how this may affect your ability to qualify.
Sign up now with the Coastal Bay Team and get email updates when we find more properties that suit your tastes! Additionally, we'll notify you of new listings as soon as they hit the market and keep you posted if the listing price changes on any of your favorite homes.
With each account you gain access to information on neighborhoods & schools, all detailed property information, virtual pictures, and much, much more! The best part is that it is all FREE! Sign up for an account with the Coastal Bay Team Now, and start looking for your new home.